3D Pen Safe for Kids – Polyes Q1 3D Pen Review
No More Heat with the new Polyes Q1 3D Pen Soon
With the current developments in 3D printing, 3D pens seem to be turning people’s imaginations into reality. One such pen is the Polyes Q1 3D Printing Pen, by Future Make, which is an extremely innovative product. Even though there are other 3D printing pens that have hit the market in the recent years, this Polyes pen has managed to stand out in this particular niche segment.
Besides being convenient, the technology behind this pen ensures that it is safe for both adults as well as children. The pen uses a photo-polymer as its ink. This normally solidifies under an LED light thus reducing odor as well as high temperatures. It works by releasing a liquid resin or photo-polymer from its extruder. UV light is then focused on the same so as to cure and solidify the material. The pen uses stereo lithography technology to cure the photo-sensitive resin. If you are a visual person who intends to bring new ideas to life or are searching for the best tool that your children can use to bring out their creativity, then this is the pen for you.
Subscribe to get the latest updates
- The pen uses a light-sensitive photo-polymer ask ink rather than ABS/PLA material. When the photo-polymer gets exposed to the LED light from the pen’s tip, it solidifies, making the drawing process to be safer and much fun.
- The pesky power cord which is prevalent in most 3D pens has been replaced by the pen’s internal battery, making it cordless and portable.
- The pen has an integrated button which makes it extremely easy to switch between different drawing modes.
- There is a speed control button that is embedded in the pen. This ensures that the user can adjust the outflow rate without any struggle.
- The pen has been designed in a way that makes it easy to replace its ink cartridge within seconds. You simply need to push a button, twist and then replace it.
- The Polyes Q1 3D pen has a sleek design which perfectly fits in the hands of the user giving him/her a firm grip. This design makes to suitable for people of all ages including children.
- To reduce the risk of eye injury, the pen has a built-in tilt sensor, which turns the LED-light off in case the pen is tilted beyond a particular threshold. This helps to ensure that the delicate eyes of unsuspecting children are not exposed to the UV light, which could otherwise harm them.
- To expend the creativity of the users further, the pen comes with a wide range of color options. It also offers a variety of innovative ink types such as the transparent, aromatic, glow-in-the-dark as well as temperature changing photo-polymers.
- The pen runs absolutely untethered; for instance, it uses cartridge rather than the cumbersome filament. Moreover, it is powered by an inbuilt rechargeable battery which can last for up to five hours when fully charges and five days in the standby mode.
- For added convenience, the device allows USB charging.
- It also has a LED-display which shows the pen’s remaining power level. This enables you to know when it is time to recharge it.
- Is comes in the Blue Light and UV models.
This Polyes Q1 3D pen has been designed using the latest 3D technology and has an edge over ordinary 3D printing pens due to the following reasons:
- The pen is cordless and extremely portable. It has a built-in rechargeable battery and can be recharged via USB. This means that you do not need a power cord to use it.
- The pen does not involve any parts getting hot. The risk of burns or melting plastic odors which is associated with most 3D printing pens is therefore eliminated. This aspect makes it suitable for children and can be used in enclosed environments without any worry.
III. Operators can use inks of different colors and types for optimum creativity.
- The pen is also kid-friendly, thanks to the tilt sensors which turn off the LED lights automatically whenever it is tilted beyond a certain angle. This reduces the risk of users hurting their eyes by starring at the LED light. Alternatively, you can use the Blue Light version which does not harm eyes like the high-energy UV light.
- It’s integrated control buttons allow the user to be in control of whatever he/she is drawing.
- The pen’s sleek design ensures that you do not lose your grip while drawing.
VII. The speed control button allows you to control the outflow speed of the ink depending on the environment or personal preferences.
VIII. The pen is eco-friendly.
- Because of the various safety features, the pen can be used by people of all ages including children without any problem.
In spite of the multiple benefits that this 3D printing pen presents, it also has its downside. For instance;
- Although it allows you to use resins of different colors, the package only contains a limited range of colors. This means that you will be forced to purchase resins of different colors separately so as to meet different artistic needs.
- A single cartridge will only last for approximately 15-35 minutes if the pen is used continuously. This means that you will need more cartridges if you are working on a large project, which is certainly expensive.
Future Make Technology are yet to announce the exact release date as well as the price for this pen. However, they are currently working on their crowdfunding campaign. They have so far surpassed their targeted amount and it is expected that the pen shall be released in the market later this year.
Despite the few drawbacks mentioned above, the Polyes Q1 3D Printing Pen is no doubt one of the best 3D printing pens. It has been designed with cutting-edge innovation and it embraces every safety feature that any 3D pen could possibly have. The pen is easy to use and extremely versatile, an aspect that makes it suitable for use by both novices and experienced individuals. It has been designed to make the 3D drawing process both safe and fun.
If you are looking for a high performance 3D printing pen that can capture every aspect of your creativity and still grant you both safety and convenience, this Polyes 3D printing pen will be the best.