3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen
What Is a 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen?
The 3Doodler 2.0 pen is a great little handheld gadget that you use as a pen. Little melting plastic rods at the tip allows the user to draw 3D shapes. The device was first introduced in 2013. The inventor brought the pen to market by raising money through a Kickstarter campaign. The result was a fun item sold at a reasonable price. The 2.0 version addresses some of the criticisms of the original.
Subscribe to get the latest updates
How Does it Work?
The 3Doodler looks like a pen. Instead of ink, it uses plastic strips or rods of ABS or PLA. The strips are fed into one end of the pen, heated, and the melted plastic comes out the other end. The user can draw with it, just like you would with a pen or pencil, and the plastic cools quick enough so that the patterns, shapes or pictures you draw keeps their shape and don’t run.
The user takes the plastic strip and pushes it through one end. Then, when drawing, you press a button and the heated plastic comes out the tip. The device lets you choose how fast or how slow you want the plastic to come out, depending on your writing or drawing speed.
Getting Started With 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Review – Product Specifications
- 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen
- Model Name: 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen
- Dealer’s Official Website: http://the3doodler.com/
- Description: 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Reviews
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 11.2 x 5.2 inches
- Item Weight: 1.8 ounces
- Heating temperature: 160-230 degree adjustable
- Slimmer, lighter and stronger than the original
- The slender pen body suits hands use
- The speed can be changed by single finger
- Where To Buy 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen: The 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen is available and you can order this on Amazon.com: Click Here to Buy the 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen
3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Design
What Is the Difference between the 3Doodler 2.0 and the Original Version?
Some criticized the size of the original 3Doodler. To me, I did not find it a problem. Growing up in the 1960s, I remember a similar shaped ink pen that was a fad in High School. The pen had a slim top, then the round, fat bottom. The original 3Doodler looked like this. Some also thought that the original version was a bit heavy and awkward to use.
The company listened to the complaints and introduced the 3Doodler 2.0 at CES this year. This 3Doodler is much slimmer than the original and very similar in shape to a “real” pen. I found it light, weighing only 1.8 ounces, and not at all awkward top grip and use. It still is easy to use and the quality of the drawings, or in my case doodles, remains excellent.
Now that the size is smaller, some of the accessories have been added to the 3Doodler 2.0. There is the JetPack, a portable battery that, when I tested it, lasts for a little over 2 hours of continuous use. The length of time apparently depends on the type of plastic. There are now variable controls too that let you allow the plastic to come out the tip at different rates. Finally, you can double-click the trigger if you want a continuous flow.
Aesthetically too the company has improved it, giving it a burnished metal look that is sleek and attractive.
3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Details and Features
- Speed Controls
Dual speed control and a new continuous flow function for non-stop Doodling
- Design Features
New nozzle design for better performance and crisper Doodles; Enhanced design and drive system for quieter and smoother operation
Slimmer, lighter and stronger than the original
The Pros: 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Functionality
- The best part for me about the 3Doodler is it is a blast to use. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination (I got a D in 5th grade Art Class) but I do like to constantly doodle. My notes are filled with lines, drawings and shapes. The 3D images I can create make it a whole lot more fun and amusing than using a regular writing device.If you are a more serious artistic type that wants to work with 3D images, using the 3Doodler is a whole lot easier and more affordable than buying a 3D printer. The 3Doodler 2.0 costs $99, which is very reasonable compared to the usual thousands of dollars that a 3D printer costs. Using the pen instead of a 3D printer is much faster too since the printers take hours, once you program them, to print out your creation.
Simplicity too, for a non-tech geek like myself, makes it very attractive to the average person. There are no software downloads, hookups or complicated directions. Simply insert the plastic, turn it on and start creating.
Order the 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Today
The 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen obtainable, you could now just press this button to buy this prior to this runs completely out of stock
A Few 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Review Concerns
- Some still believe the device is awkward to grip. It is not shaped exactly like a pen or pencil and hence it takes a bit of getting used to.
- Drawing with it does not come naturally at first. There is a learning curve in terms of determining what speed you want the plastic to flow from the tip and how to best use it to create the exact shapes or pictures you desire. You have to be precise in how you use it. Drawing a flower with a pen is not exactly the same as with the 3Doodler 2.0, but to me anyway it did not take long to adapt it to my style of drawing.
- There are quite a few complaints with their customer service if there is a problem with the pen, I personally did have to deal with that but it is something to consider and read all the other reviews on Amazon.
- The recommended age for the 3Doodler is 12 and up. This is due to the heat of the pen at the tip and the melted plastic. It is not really that hot, but it could give you a burn if you are not careful.
Check This YouTube Video on the 3Doodler 2.0 Launch Video
Who is the 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen for?
- Who Should Buy It.
The 3Doodler is perfect for artists or doodlers like me. Creative people will really enjoy experimenting with the look of drawing in 3D rather than in two dimensions. True artists too will find this a fascinating medium to explore. The way a talented artist’s paintings or drawing will take on a new look that may inspire them to different levels of artistic creation.
Children are fascinated with using the pen. Despite the age suggestion, children other 12 find it fun and different way to decorate their book covers, use for school projects, and make fun pictures with mom or dad on a rainy day.
- Who Shouldn’t Buy it
Gadget haters won’t like this product. If you don’t like to buy the latest and greatest adult gadget on the market and are more of a curmudgeon about using new technology, then the 3Doodler is not for you. If using melted plastic and something that heats up reminds you of the bad old days of your youth trying to use a soldering iron, though it really is definitely NOT that complicated, then you will not like the 3Doodler 2.0
For only $99, the 3Doodler 2.0 is certainly worth the price. At that cost, it makes a great gift around holiday times, for birthdays or even as a gift for an artistic host or hostess. It takes alittle time to learn how to use it and the fun just about anyone can have with it makes it a reasonable purchase for just about anyone. We hope you enjoyed our 3Doodler 2.0 Printing Pen Review!