MYNT 3D Printing Pen: Create beautiful 3D art, miniature art
3d printing pens are still a very new technology. A few years back it would have been inconceivable to imagine that you could draw something into materialization. 3d pens help you go beyond the limits of paper while nurturing your artistic side. You do not have to be an excellent artist to make good 3d art. Some have actually discovered their niche here and this makes sense given that some artistic creations just cannot be expressed in two dimensions.
Subscribe to get the latest updates
If you have just begun exploring the world of 3d art, the MYNT 3d pen could be the perfect choice for you. Learning how to draw using a 3d pen can be tough on its own, which is why the MYNT tries to make your induction as smooth as possible. A few reasons why this 3d printing pen is suitable for beginners are:
- It is very easy to set up. You can get it up and
runningwithin the first ten minutes of unboxing.
- The instructions are very clear and easy to understand
- The pen itself is very easy to handle, thanks to its comfortable and lightweight design
Its ease of use makes it suitable even for children over the age of seven years old. It is a perfect gift for the artistic mind. You can read more about it here.
How it works
Given its relative newness into the market, it is imperative that you understand the basics when it comes to how the 3d technology works.
- The pen uses thick, sticky ink referred to as filaments. The ink options available are ABS, which is petroleum based and PLA, which is organic. Both have their pros and cons
- The ink is squeezed out by pressing a designated button then immediately afterwards a strong ultraviolet light is shone on it to harden the ink. Be careful not to shine the light directly into your eyes as it can harm you
- Always hold the MYNT 3d pen in an upright position when drawing to prevent the sticky ink from blocking the nozzle.
- As much as you will be using the air as your canvas, the law of gravity still exists and so you will need to ink a base for your art and to cure it with the light before you start.
From an unbiased point of view, the MYNT 3d pen delivers exactly what it says. One might be a bit skeptical given that it comes with a significantly lower price tag but in this case, you can expect great quality at a price this low. Some of the notable features that are common in this 3d pen review include:
- Extrusion speed control: This feature enables you to have control over how your piece comes out. You are able to dictate the speed at which the ink is squeezed out, making it easier to fine-tune your artwork and get all the intricate details correct.
- Clear OLED display: This is one of the biggest advantages of owning an MYNT 3d pen. The display is crystal clear and with it, you are able to monitor the temperature and the battery level of the pen.
- Adjustable temperature settings: One of the great, distinguishing features of this 3d stylus is that it allows you to increase its temperature in 1 degree increments so as to get the filament of your desired thickness. The higher the temperature, the thinner the ink will be and vice versa. It has an adjustable temperature range starting from 130 degrees to 240 degrees.
- Has a power output of 10 watts and an input of 5 volts/DC 2A making it suitable for outdoor usage.
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed: The MYNT 3d pen is a breeze to handle, allowing you to focus more on harnessing your creativity.
Why you would want to buy MYNT 3D printing pen
- The MYNT 3d pen works very quietly. Most 3d pen review will not mention the noise levels of their pens but with this pen, you can work through the night without waking up your family members.
- For those with poor hand dexterity, you do not have to worry about holding the ink button while at the same time shaping your art. You can simply double-click on the feed button to enter the continuous flow mode.
- This 3d pen has both USB and electrical outlet options, meaning you can charge it using a power bank to maximize portability.
- Draw on glass then simply peel it off! This can be a great way to teach your child how to achieve stability while using a 3d pen by slowly weaning him off the 2d aspect of drawing.
- Easy to learn how to use. The instructions are as concise as can be.
- The display makes it easy for you to monitor the temperature of the ink and adjust it according to your preferences.
- The MYNT 3d pen is known to be relatively jam-free as compared to other pens of the same caliber. Its intuitive nature certainly helps to make the whole process enjoyable.
The MYNT 3d has gotten numerous reviews from a number of satisfied customers and so far, all of them are positive. Save for a few mishaps like a dysfunctional heating system which resolved itself on the second try, it is a relatively good 3d pen. Its user-friendly features make it very ideal for children and entry-level art enthusiasts.
You might opt for a slightly more expensive pen with more advanced features but keep in mind that unless you already are experienced in the world of 3d drawing, you will find yourself struggling to master the pen. The beauty of this pen is that regardless of the level of expertise of the holder, it is capable of producing exquisite art.
To be fair, not everyone will make masterpieces immediately simply because of the quality of the pen they use. It is also very handy in creating small usable items such as key chains, small bowls and even small, colorful gifts. Your children will love making these small trinkets and seeing them being actually put to use, so it will be a major boost to their self-esteem.
This futuristic technology is only beginning to take shape and the MYNT 3d pen is the blueprint for greater styluses to come. Enter the third dimension of art in style with the MYNT 3d printing pen.